Friday, January 15, 2016

Rain on Mommy's Parade

Guest submission by Mckenzie.

Dear Diary,
My kids hate me. I swear they do and they want me to look like a hot fucking mess 24/7. It seems like whenever I try doing something for myself such as, try to shower, try to even change clothes, go shopping, basically anything that has to do with my self...shit hits the fan. Always. Get both babies down for a nap so I can enjoy my recorded reality shows while stuffing my face, that's literally my "happy hour" but never fails that they choose that day where they take 30 minute naps instead of their typical 2 hour nap to rain on mommy's parade. Try to take a shower and attempt to actually shave for once cause it's probably been at least a week and boom, they're screaming. Take them with me to my sisters so she can cut my hair and boom, they scream and cry the entire time making me just want to go Britney Spears style. But that days where I don't even change out of my pajamas, my hair looks like a rats nest, teeth haven't been brushed and we might be going on two days with out a shower...they're the happiest, well behaved babies. So am I just meant to smell and look like shit? Or should I let them scream and cry so I can get a little bit of personal time in and feel a little good about myself? Either way I feel like I'm losing to these little humans who just want to rule the world.  I'm sure my hubby who works long hours just thinks I'm a gem to come home to.  I'd love to at least look half way decent for him time to time. But no matter what as long as my babies are happy, mommy is happy right? One day I'll get to that "MILF" look that I always thought I'd have but for now I'll go change the 7th shitty diaper of the day and cuddle my babies.


*about Mckenzie*
Mckenzie Root, mommy of a wild yet sweet 13 mo boy named Remy and a smiley 2 1/2 mo boy named Rayden. I'm a 22 yr old stay at home mom who strives to keep her family happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment